I must be crazy.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

My last thought as I walked into Nashville airport was, "I must be crazy!" Honestly, it's the first time I realized it.

I was so right.

I landed in Brussels at 7 AM local time. In planning, I had figured that I would just follow crowds or find an information station to direct me onward. Nope. I managed to find the train station and get off after backtracking a station. Very few signs had English translation. On foot in the city, I changed direction no less than 3 times before finding the right way to the hostel. Found it and checked my bag, with a few hours to kill before I could get into the room, so I strolled over a block or so to the Botanical Gardens and wandered around before finding a spot by the lake and napping for a bit. By early afternoon, the park filled with couples and working folks out to enjoy the beautiful springtime-like weather. Very laid-back and clean city.

More to tell on Brussels soon, but time's up for tonight! Also will post pictures as soon as I get a chance.

By the way, hello from Amsterdam!

0 comments:

Post a Comment